Thursday, October 1, 2009

EFT

photo cred.


On my way home from work, I listened to nearly two Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) interviews. It was raining, so it took me nearly an hour and 30 minutes to get home! Granted, I wish I had gotten home sooner, but on the bright side, I learned some valuable things from the cd's I was listening to.
A few key points that I want to share are:
Instead of coming from a negative perspective when you approach something, be it a project, or a relationship issue, or whatever, look at the positive things. For example, I realized that I often first think about how messy my art studio is, which makes me not want to go into it to create. If I instead think about the wonderful feelings I get when I am creating, then perhaps I'll get myself in the studio and make work, mess or no mess!
Another point I came home with is that daily negative thoughts impact soooo many areas of your life. For example, if I don't feel good about my body each morning as I get dressed, I am setting myself up for more and more negative thoughts for the day. However if I wake up feeling grateful for my hair, skin, clothes, shoes, etc., then the energy has completely shifted into something positive. GRATITUDE IS VERY POWERFUL.

Check out Loretta Sparks, one of the women being interviewed that I listened to this evening. She is great!
Tomorrow morning, I am going to wake up and say what I am grateful for!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment